06 October 2009

Book Heaven


Charles Towne Landing, Charleston, S.C.

I've always liked this scene and take a picture of it every time I walk at Charles Towne Landing.

I admit that I stopped being such a book worm when I got a laptop. I used to read all the time, in bed, riding in a car, while I ate and watched tv. I zipped through books like a starving person on my vacation last month. I always treat myself to something yummy to make up for spending a day in airports and this year I started with Pat Conroy's new book and then stocked up with an armful at Powell's Bookstore in Portland.

Oh! I noticed on this trip that one of the airport book stores carries used books and encourages trade ins. Coolness!

If you still love books this is the big annual book sale put on by the Friends of the Library.

THAT Big Book Sale
Friday, Oct 9 9:00a to 7:00p
at Gaillard Municipal Auditorium, Charleston, SC

Art auction and rare book auction at the event. Free Admission and all books 1/2 price on Sunday October 11th. Great Fiction and Non Fiction children's books, CDs, DVDs and more!

Saturday 9 a.m. and Sunday 10 a.m.
Proceeds benefit the Charleston County Library.
BYOB: Bring Your Own Bag

Okay, kids. I just have six minutes to get across town to work.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

During my very short visit to Charleston, I saw this place. Life has changed so much.

Caroline in the City said...

I got so many books there over the summer. See you there! I will be the one with too many books to carry to her car.

Anonymous said...

You write so beautifully. I read way more often then I give comments. Would you be interested in helping me write lyrics for songs? I will split the millions we make!!!!
love Shirley

Charlestonjoan said...

Wildstorm - You did get around in your few days here! You make the most of your time.

Caroline - Fun, eh!

Shirley - I am so musically dumb I'd need to learn all about song writing first. I think what you musically talented folks do is magic. Always happy to split millions though :)

Sunny said...

Can I please move right into this photo ??? Love it! ( of course I'd pay you rent!)

I was planning a trip to Charleston, but it won't happen ...

so I can just "see it" when I stop in here! :)

Anonymous said...

Ditto to what Shirley said....and I'd be happy to split millions too! Love you both. Sally