Pirate Flag, Buccaneer Restaurant, Charleston, S.C.
You will be needing the English to Pirate translator today.
Top Ten Pickup lines for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day
10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?
8. Come on up and see me urchins.
7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.
6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?
4. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.
2. Well blow me down?
And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is …
1. Prepare to be boarded.
Why do they point these things at me when I ask if I can take their picture? These are from the Tall Ship festival pirate camp. I can't believe I passed up on an offer to be a Pirates Wench that day but it was 100 degrees out and I couldn't see dressing up in heavy historical costumes. Still, a Pirate Wench, sigh. What a thing to put on my resume.