04 September 2009

On the road - Klamath, California



Klamath, California

My internet connection is sporadic so we'll see if this works. My daughter was able to get the week off work for my visit so we took off on a road trip from Portland down the coast stopping in small historic towns for breaks.

Our goal was the Requa Inn in Klamath, California in the Redwoods. We did all the touristy things, driving through the giant Redwood, riding the cable care to the top of the mountain, listening to the seals and watching the sunset over the Pacific. What a delightfully different coastline! The air has been cool and crisp and I've eaten my way down the coast in fish and chips.

I won't press my luck here and will come back to add links if this posts as hoped. Hope everyone is well and working hard to make up for me being such a slacker.

8 comments:

MrScribbler said...

Such pretty pictures! I am particularly appreciative of the first one....

Hoping you have a lovely time!

Catalyst said...

That first photo is a beautiful photo of a beautiful woman! The other scenery isn't bad either.

MrScribbler said...

There was scenery in the first photo? ;-)

Charlestonjoan said...

Love you guys! Picture me blowing kisses :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. What a wonderful world, enjoy your adventure.Sally

Marcheline said...

That photo of you in front of the water is AMAZING. If you don't frame that and hang it up, you're just wrong.

Charlestonjoan said...

Marcheline - I LOVE you!

Shanae Buckner said...

The first pic of you standing with the sea and that big stretch of land in the background is quite beautiful. It's a great sight, and no doubt the moment felt grand when you were there in person. Sights like that make a road trip memorable... Aside from the goal you set before the trip even started, you can find little visual gems like the photo you posted during the journey.