19 April 2009

My new Sweetie


2006 Scion Xa, Magnolia Plantation, Charleston, SC

Heheh. I took her out for her first photo op. Isn't she a little cutie?

I bought my old car from a 93 year old gentleman after my divorce and I've been driving it for seven years. I am long overdue. I am one of those boring "save money and buy what you can afford" gals. It took a while but she is all mine.

Many thanks to Eungen Hunter at Summerville Ford Mercury. Last time I called about a car he drove it all the way down to my office so I could walk out the door and look at it. It made complete sense to call him this time.

8 comments:

MrScribbler said...

What? Not a Black Cab? ;-)

Somehow, I've always preferred the Xa to the Xb. More style and character...like this Xa's new owner!

Charlestonjoan said...

Me too.

Oh, oh! Do you think I could get a Black Cab "Cab" light for the top? Heheh. I could make some extra cash on the side.

Doug said...

I like this much better than any Lumina :-)

Pixel Peeper said...

I approve, too!

Nice car, good-looking driver!

Charlestonjoan said...

Doug - Yes, I agree. The Lumina kept chugging along though.

Pixel - Thank you :)

Marcheline said...

Joan - Sweet ride! Goes perfectly with your personality, methinks.

Connie said...

Congrats on the new wheels!! I'm sure it will be sweeter at the gas pump than the Lumina. May it serve you well for many a year when walking is out of the question. Don't forget wax on-- wax off.

B SQUARED said...

Vroooom!