15 March 2009

A near explosion of color




Magnolia Plantation Gardens, Charleston, SC

Pack your bags kids! Charleston is ready to explode into color.

I drove out Highway 61 in the fog this morning to renew my annual membership at Magnolia Plantation just in the nick of time. It's that perfect time when the camellias are still blooming and the early azaleas are open. I swear this is one of my favorite places on earth. It makes me happy just to walk through it.

I've been all over today. Back later. I need to do yard work before it gets dark.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's an explosive time of year!

Unknown said...

Its a beautiful place to get away from it all and your pictures displays your great love for the place.

Julia said...

The alligators are awake!

Denton said...

Your photos make me want to schedule a weekend trip to Charleston. We had planned to make our annual trip for Spoleto however I may not be able to wait ... beautiful.