05 January 2009

Tugs. Gotta love 'em.


Charleston Harbor, Charleston, SC

Did you know you can join the Tugboat Enthusiast Society? Might be worth joining just for the membership card. A few years ago there was tug boat race with all the tugs lined up under the Cooper River bridge but I haven't heard of one since - and I have looked.

Here is a neato site with a collection of tug boat pictures.

This Nordic Tug would be my sweetie pie.

I survived my first day back at work and actually accomplished a few things. Don't worry about me going hungry, kids. I still have the most delicious leftovers from my weekend - green curry from Basil and Shepherd's Pie from La Fourchette. The Shepherd's Pie alone was enough to last me for three yummy meals.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not living near the ocean I never gave tugboats much thought. I'll look at them more carefully the next time I see one. I don't know if it was one of K's New Year's resolutions, but I've noticed we're eating more healthy dinners recently. Strange part is...I like 'em! :)

S

Charlestonjoan said...

Awwwww....ya gotta love a tug boat. Gotta.

I can eat the healthy dinners but then I go and ruin it all with a dish of ice cream.

Anonymous said...

Cool tub boat!

Vera said...

I love tugboats. I remember seeing them in the Bahamas. They were adorned with brightly colored ropes too.

Need to find the photos--pre-digital camera.

Nikki Hardin said...

SHEPHERD'S PIE?! I had no idea that was on the menu...one of my favorite meals in the universe.

Anonymous said...

Plan your week around it. It was a loaf pan size serving.