04 March 2018

Walk with me - Charles Towne Landing

History Trail, Charleston Towne Landing, Charleston, SC   
Charles Towne Landing State Historic Site sits on a marshy point, located off of the Ashley River, where a group of English settlers landed in 1670 and established what would become the birthplace of the Carolina colony.
My walk this bright sunny day was at Charles Towne Landing which is very close to my house. In a pinch I could walk to it although I'd have to cross too many fast paced streets to make it a pleasure. Luckily it is one of our more reasonable parks to visit. With the animal forest it is popular with young families.

I remember a few years ago an uproar about the totem pole and the possibility that it might be taken down but it had a protective fence around it and appears to have a support structure in place. Well done. Azaleas are starting to pop into bloom but it was a little cool for gator spotting and the good shop Adventure was out for annual maintenance.


No comments: