01 July 2017

History Fair at Magnolia Plantation

History Fair, Magnolia Plantation, Charleston, SC     
I do get my money's worth out of my annual pass to Magnolia Plantation and this morning I stopped by the History Fair to listen to music, stroll through the history booths and listen to story telling from the Slave Dwelling Project.
The History Fair is free. Guests who purchase the $20 general admission to the gardens will be treated to special programming, including a storyteller, brick-making demonstration and access to a living history program. "Living History Through the Eyes of the Enslaved," an outreach of the Slave Dwelling Project founded by Joseph McGill, Magnolia's history consultant. Living History will present blacksmith and cooking demonstrations and storytellers. This part of the program will be staged at the former slave cabins.
Joseph McGill

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Living history is a very good way of teaching, I've always thought.