|Prince Frederick's Chapel, Plantersville, SC|
Prince Frederick’s Episcopal Church: Begun in 1859 and completed in 1876, Prince Frederick’s Chapel played a vital role in the religious life of the Pee Dee settlers in the latter half of the 19th century. With the decline of the rice economy, parishioners migrated to the more densely populated urban areas and the church suffered from lack of maintenance. The ruins of the chapel are all that remain of what once was a striking example of Gothic Revival architecture in South Carolina
Edited to add an older image showing the higher decorative pillars.