08 September 2015

Two birds and a heart

Brookgreen Gardens, SC  
This is a small piece in the base of a large sculpture at Brookgreen Gardens. The intricate detail work caught my eye and does even more so now in the image.

I just cleaned up after a little dinner party for a few co-workers and  may have made my last tomato pie of the season. It's sad to see the delicious tomatoes go, isn't it?

My new netflix show is the British Inspector George Gently series. It is good to have something to look forward to watching with all of the nonsense that is on regular tv.

Short week ahead, kids! Does that mean we have to work even harder? 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joan, check out the information on this statue via that wonderful link you posted a while back for info on Brookgreen statues. I think it's title is "The Thinker," and it's one of my favorites. Who knew a statue could be snarky.

Charlestonjoan said...

Oh, good for you! I remember spending some time at it but I couldn't remember the name! Thanks!

Charlestonjoan said...

Oddly beautiful!