21 February 2015

Ice in the fountain

Ice, Charleston, S.C.
We are such babies about weather in the lowcountry and it doesn't take much to send us into an Ice Storm tizzy. Our homes and roads simply aren't prepared to deal with cold and icy weather since we get it so infrequently. My azaleas were already starting to bud. Thursday night was our coldest and this was what the fountain in the courtyard at the hospital looked like.

I pulled all the protective blankets and sheets off my plants this morning because I understand it is supposed to be close to 70 degrees by tomorrow. That is enough of that!


6 comments:

William Kendall said...

It's a rarity for you, but you capture the beauty of the ice in just the right way!

Pinkney V Mikell said...

February is our coldest, cruelest month - in so far as we have one.

Catalyst said...

70 degrees is a lot better than ice.

Charlestonjoan said...

I agree. We always get a nasty surprise just as the blossoms are budding. I tried to drape blankets and towels over as much as I could.

Charlestonjoan said...

You got that right! It is beautiful today.

Charlestonjoan said...

William, everyone kept coming to my office to make sure I had caught the rare ice photo. :)