24 January 2015

Happy Robbie Burns Day!

Mount Pleasant Hospital, Charleston, S.C.
My volunteers are such good sports! Thanks to Noel Johnson, Mount Pleasant Hospital volunteer for putting on the Gunn tartan for my Robbie Burns Day photo-op prank. Doesn't he look sharp? Maybe I can make it the required volunteer uniform. I'd need to budget for more whisky, naturally. Cheers to everyone with Scottish blood at your festivities tomorrow.

A Red, Red, Rose
Robert Burns - 1794
O my Luve's like a red, red rose,
That's newly sprung in June:
O my Luve's like the melodie,
That's sweetly play'd in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonie lass,
So deep in luve am I;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry.

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
While the sands o' life shall run.

And fare-thee-weel, my only Luve!
And fare-thee-weel, a while!
And I will come again, my Luve,
Tho' 'twere ten thousand mile!

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Such a good portrait shot!

Marcheline said...

We're having our "Rabbie Burns" (as the Scots say) dinner tomorrow night - haggis, meat pies, and bridies - with bashit neeps and champit tatties as well! My husband's a bagpiper, so now I just have to get the whiskey...