28 October 2014

Sunny days & soups & stews

Charleston, S.C.
I've had a busy day but done absolutely nothing productive all evening. Luckily I came home to tasty leftovers so I was smiling on my drive from work. I eat a scrappy hospital cafeteria salad each day and come home starving no matter how early or late I come in the door. 

This weekend I made cookbook writer Holly Herrick's Chicken Braised in Pinot Gris with Mushrooms, Leeks, and Dijon Mustard, which she was kind enough to share on her blog The Permanent Tourist. The chicken simmers in three cups of white wine. What could go wrong with that? Nuthin' honey. Thanks Holly!  This recipe was from her most recent book - The French Cook - Soups & Stews.

FYI, Holly Herrick does have a cooking class coming up at Southern Season in Mount Pleasant on Saturday, November 1 from 1 to 3:30 p.m. and will be be signing books after the class.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

That's a rather big carriage! Lovely setting.

Charlestonjoan said...

We are big on carriage rides in Charleston.