22 June 2013

Salty Loungers

Salty Lounger, Charleston, S.C.


I walked by a yard sale in my neighborhood this morning and as often happens, the only thing that caught my eye was the one thing that probably wasn't for sale. I told the owner that I had often admired the chair he was sitting on. It turns out I hit the jackpot and had happened upon the craftsman who made the actual chair. Ha!

They are called Salty Loungers and I bought two from his work shop. They are already delivered and in my yard. They fold up nicely and come in optional stains and paints. They have a Facebook site at Salty Loungers. Turns out my exercise walks aren't always without cost but in this case I got lucky.

14 comments:

Lowandslow said...

As an amateur woodworker I can appreciate his craftsmanship. And they look darn comfy, too. Excellent find!

S

Charlestonjoan said...

Something very nice about buying from the person who made them. They are comfortable. A little low perhaps but not a problem. They fold up and are pretty light.

Merisi said...

Truly a lucky encounter!
Wishing you lots of fun with your Salty Loungers (love that name!),
Merisi

Pixel Peeper said...

These chairs look wonderful - and how great that you got to support a local craftsman with your purchase!

Catalyst said...

I'd say the vendor got lucky too!

Charlestonjoan said...

I like it too!

Charlestonjoan said...

Always feels good to have made a connection with the craftsman, doesn't it?

Charlestonjoan said...

I hope so. We've sent a few hits his way from here and facebook photos.

Marcheline said...

Super-unique, comfortable, AND photogenic - and the chairs aren't bad, either. 8-)

Charlestonjoan said...

Heheh, he is cute, eh?!

Marcheline said...

Joan - I was actually talking about YOU. 8-)

Charlestonjoan said...

Well then! I'll take that!

Salty Lounger said...

Hi Joan! Your lovely post has sent a few buyers our way along with social media followers as well! We greatly appreciate your help in spreading the salty lounger product and hope you are enjoying your pair of loungers!

Thanks again!
Stephanie & Adam
www.saltylounger.com

Salty Lounger said...

Hi Joan! Your lovely post has sent a few buyers our way along with social media followers as well! We greatly appreciate your help in spreading the salty lounger product and hope you are enjoying your pair of loungers!

Thanks again!
Stephanie & Adam
www.saltylounger.com