23 February 2013

Naughty Bites

Spotted Dick, Publix, Charleston, S.C.
I could be more mature but it makes me giggle every time. Spotted Dick is now available in lowcountry grocery stores. I googled to find the origination of the name and came up with a fun article called: Spotted Dick & Other Foods That Sound Dirty But Aren't. They had this hilarious list as well as new ones added in comments. What a hoot!
 Cock-a-leekie soup
Spotted Dick
Bangers and mash
Toad in the hole
Coq au vin
Matzo-stuffed breasts
Eggs in a basket
Mozart balls
Pound cake
Hard rolls
Sticky buns
Stuffing
Bubble and squeak
Rump roast
Head cheese
Whipping cream
Nut goodie
Lik-em-aid
Grape Nuts

Succotash
Banana split
Fish taco
Kumquat
Jerk chicken
Clamato
Fluffer Nutter
Atomic Fireballs
Blow pops
Nut roll
Conch fritters
Spicy tuna roll
Buttered crumpet
Cochinita

8 comments:

Rick said...

You are easily amused this rainy day.

Charlestonjoan said...

I am indeed!

Kate said...

Joan, You naughty girl! My favorite is fluffer nutter. I'll never prepare a rump roast now without thinking of you!

Charlestonjoan said...

Aren't they grand! Too funny.

Pixel Peeper said...

LOL - love your list!

I had a British boss until about a year ago, and for Boss's Day we brought him all sorts of British goodies - everything from digestive biscuits, British tea, beer, and, of course, a can of spotted dick. One of my co-workers had heard of spotted dick but had never seen it before, so she got out her iPhone to take a photo of it.

British boss in his best British accent and with that wonderful dry, British humor: "Now don't let my dick end up on the Internet!"

Jack said...

Why, Joan!

Marcheline said...

Egads, you just HAD to say spicy tuna roll.... I LOVE spicy tuna roll! You funny, girl. I've actually eaten spotted dick (I know, I know) and it was YUMMY!

Catalyst said...

How about Americans going to KFC for breasts and legs.