09 January 2013

Indian Fields Campground

Indian Fields Methodist Campground, Rosinville, S.C.
Used only eight days a year for revival meetings, the campground a few miles from Rosinville is a beautiful and peaceful place. I'd like to be there when they are belting out hymns from the meeting building in the center of the circled cabins as they have each year for over two hundred years.

Here is a link to a video about the campground.

The cabins have dirt floors and there is a circle of outhouses just beyond the wooden tent cabins. Another good article here.

Indian Fields Methodist Campground, Rosinville, S.C.


6 comments:

Lowandslow said...

Eight days a week? Geez...I guess time does pass slower here in Texas. I had no idea.... ;)

S

Charlestonjoan said...

Hahah! I always feel sorry for the first people who read my posts. They catch all the bloopers :)

Vanessa Kauffmann said...

I've heard about this and it's been on my list of places to visit. Thanks for all the info - You sure do get around!

Charlestonjoan said...

You will love it. There is another one near Ridgeville called Cypress Campground. Very similar.
http://charlestondailyphoto.blogspot.com/2010/01/tree-huggers.html

Marcheline said...

I need my cabin a bit farther away from everyone elses... you know, there could be some holy rolling... not to mention the singing beans they always serve at camp...

Actually, I'm pretty sure I would be the first person to ever get evicted from a church camp.

Anonymous said...

i know the feeling, ha ha...