10 October 2012

Hello from G-Town!

Georgetown, S.C.
Historic Georgetown by the sea. How can you not take a picture of shrimp boats? They are so picturesque. It has been sad to see them gradually dwindle in numbers.

Do y'all follow my fellow blogger's US 17 Coastal Highway blog?  If you drive up and down the coast you should check it out. She finds and features the unusual and quaint roadside spots along the old highway and makes you want to hit the road. There is even a Highway Music label so you can line up your road trip play list and she takes submissions if you find something worth sharing.

Georgetown was featured recently and left me meaning to try to catch the Maritime Museum but just got to peak in the window. It's always nice to sit outside at one of the boardwalk restaurants and nibble on crab cakes while you watch the boats go by.


11 comments:

Lowandslow said...

To a landlubber like myself, boats...any boats...are fascinating. It's just a different, almost exotic way of life compared to anything I've been exposed to.

S

Catalyst said...

Yup, I love boats too. But I think I've had more experience with them than Lowandslow.

Cotton Boll Conspiracy said...

I love boat photos. I can see why there was an entire genre of painting devoted to sailing ships in the 19th century.

Anonymous said...

Gotta love shrimp boats! Haven't been to G'town in a while, thanks for the reminder! We used to go there to get a pimento cheese sandwich at the bakery... but now the bakery is here, so we haven't been! Great post Joan!

Commander Zaius said...

It seriously bums me out that its been far too long since I went back to my hometown for a visit. One of my favorite things to do going home is to walk down Front Street, it has changed so much but paradoxically stayed the same in many ways since I was a kid.

Charlestonjoan said...

Me too. It hasn't been my way of life but I am always fascinated by them.

Charlestonjoan said...

I've been drooling over models of tall ships lately myself. Just might invest in one.

Charlestonjoan said...

No kidding? I need to check out these cheese sandwiches. So far my favorite cheese sandwich is at Sesame. Yum.

Charlestonjoan said...

Things looked pretty vibrant and lively. New shops and restaurants open. I love walking thought that antique store and drooling all over the furniture.

Charlestonjoan said...

Nothing like sitting on a dock watching the boating life.

Marcheline said...

Craving a shrimp po' boy and it's not even 6:30AM..... aggghhhhh! 8-)