18 September 2012

Travel Tuesdays - St. Louis, Missouri

St. Louis - Firemen's Memorial
I came across this touching statue in St. Louis, Missouri. I was at a conference on a break between sessions and dashing around town as fast as I could trying to see everything I could squeeze in my limited time.

More info: The memorial has a bronze statue of a fireman carrying a little girl by R. P. Daus and stands on a granite base. The base is inscribed with "Dedicated to St. Louis firefighters past, present and future." The memorial was installed in 1994.

 * Travel Tuesdays will feature photos taken out of Charleston and the Lowcountry.  Join me for Travel Tuesday field trips!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Very interesting Joan. Ironic that my post today also is a firefighter holding a child! Your reminds me of the heart wrenching photo of a fireman carrying a child from the day care during the Oklahoma City blast. Remember that one?

Lowandslow said...

Nice statue honoring a very deserving group. I've always heard it said St. Louis is a great city to be from. ;)

S

Jack said...

I like seeing the statue from behind, facing the gorgeous facade of the building across the way.

tapirgal said...

I love the way the (beautiful) building looms up in front of him in this perspective.