22 March 2012

My slice of Charleston Fashion Week

Carolina Bloggn' Fashion Week Lunch, Oku, King St., Charleston, S.C.
I was invited to a fashion luncheon at Oku today hosted by a group of Carolina Fashion bloggers based in Columbia. They held the event in Charleston to coincide with Charleston Fashion Week festivities. I am always pleased to see bloggers recognized and included so I went! I like these little out of context moments that let me step out of my regular life.

Oku served delicious sushi, snacks and had a signature drink for the event. Maya Troy of Maya Qoba and Robert Rison of Eclat Design came with models and did a mini fashion show. I could have just taken pictures of the shoes - they were so amazing. Don't you love how models automatically drop into the "pose" when a camera points at them? I need to practice that!

Thank you to the sponsors, Teowanna, Candace Chaplin and the bloggers who coordinated the event.

Check out the shoes!
I shared camera duties with Jai Marshall