17 January 2012

Up the Wall

St. Phillips St., Charleston, S.C.
Someone was clearly driven up the wall!


I spent the day in Leadership classes at Trident Technical College with hundreds of other leaders from my health system. When I finally checked my mail I had an email from a cousin I hadn't seen since I was about fourteen years old in Canada. He was in town to run the Charleston marathon this weekend and it dawned on him that he had a relative here.

I was out for my walk by the time we talked and stopped by Charleston Grill to see if they could sneak us in without reservations during restaurant week. What fun! If I was to land a surprise cousin - Tim Halls was very cool! I had a perfect evening with him and his wife Sharon and we sorted out our very busy family tree. Isn't he handsome? We are the same age.

We had a lovely evening. Live jazz and the shrimp and grits were some of the best I've ever had.


3 comments:

brattcat said...

definitely a family resemblance there.

Jack said...

Not your twin?

Charlestonjoan said...

We do look alike don't we? Does that mean I am handsome?