30 January 2012

Townhouses on Bull St.

Bull St., Charleston, S.C.
This stretch of tall masonry town homes always reminds me of Savannah. But they aren't, ha! They are right here in Charleston. Since one had a Sale sign on it I was able to google around and find a bit of information from the real estate web site:

103 Bull St.: Built in 1853 by Sara Smith, Historic Bee's Row was taken over during the Civil War by William C. Bee, owner of a blockade-running firm. Located on what was then known as "Bee's Block," the properties located at 101-109 Bull Street were partially used as warehouses and stores during the war. This fabulous masonry home and carriage house can easily accommodate a large family. The property consists of 6 bedrooms (currently used as a four bedroom house with a media and exercise room), 5 full baths and 2 half baths. The carriage house, approx. 1,545 square feet, is large enough for guests or it could serve as a rental with 2 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, an updated kitchen and parking. Situated in a wonderful, quiet location in Harleston Village, you are within walking distance to local schools and hospitals.
If you are interested, the link has a photo gallery showing the inside of the main house. Wowza! Let me know if you buy it. I'm coming over for dinner and I might not leave.
 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that is gorgeous. We could have family reunions there!!!!
love
Shirley

Julia said...

I love those houses, we used to live right across the street and watch the nuns who lived in the brown townhouse above come out every morning to walk to Bishop England to teach. If you ever have a chance, please take a picture of 104 Bull Street, I'd be so tickled!!

brattcat said...

gorgeous. mr b.c. and i might check it out while we're down there. of course we could only afford a bedroom in the carriage house, but still...

Lowandslow said...

Wow! That is spectacular, and coming from an architecture aficionado like myself, that is indeed high praise. Now about the price: I could maybe afford the carriage house....if I turned it into a 4-plex and had the other 3 pre-sold. :)

S

Marcheline said...

No, Joan... YOU buy it and I'LL come over for dinner and not leave!

Ashley V said...

As soon as I win the lottery, it's all mine! And you're more than welcome to come hang out anytime! :Þ

Charlestonjoan said...

We could! Everyone could run wild. :))

Charlestonjoan said...

Julia - I will! I will try to get back down there this weekend. It's been too dark to get pictures after work.

Charlestonjoan said...

Heck - I bet the carriage house would make a nice home in it's own right. I need to take a look at it for fun.

Charlestonjoan said...

It is a grand row of houses and they stand out as different here. They are tall and masonry instead of the wood that so many are built of here. The street is tree lines and it was tricky even getting a good shot.

Charlestonjoan said...

Hahah! I am trying to downsize. I want something tiny and manageable.

Charlestonjoan said...

Ashley - I will hold you to it!

Lyn said...

I recently came across your blog and I love it. Charleston has been my refuge for almost two years, I visit as often as I can get there, funny enough, it brings me peace and strength. Thank you for your wonderful photos.

Charlestonjoan said...

Lyndsee - Thank you! What a lovely comment.