06 January 2012

Behind the Orange Curtain


Cool, eh? A little antique shop in the old breezeway between two buildings with eye-catching bright orange drapes. It is the John Pope Antique store. I've never been in it but walked past hundreds of times. I wonder what kind of treasures he has up there? Here is a little more info.

Happy Friday, kids! It's been a long, sniffly week but I've pulled it off. The weekend feels like a welcome friend. At least I am ahead of the game and have "head cold" checked off the list for 2012. Done.






10 comments:

Colville Clan said...

That is really cool looking! I would love to know what it looks like inside. I'll have to check it out next time I'm visiting!

Charlestonjoan said...

Do! Tell them I sent you. They will say, "Who?" :))

Kate said...

Glad that you're feeling better. Those orange drapes cannot be missed or ignored. Hie thee into that shop and photograph some of those treasures for us!!

Anonymous said...

The splash of blocked orange certainly pops and draws the eye. I am so happy you are beginning to feel better. I have knocked off my cold too.. I am beginning to feel better just in time to return to work on Monday.

Charlestonjoan said...

I might have to go in now. I'll tell them my audience needs a report.

Thanks for the well wishes. I am sniffling my way back to health.

Jack said...

Well, for crying out loud, GO IN THERE! Tomorrow, if not today.

Gina Brown said...

Hi Joan and Happy New Year... I was catching up on your blog and recognized this photo as a recent Rick Reinert painting... take a look if you have time :) Hope you're doing well! http://rickreinert.blogspot.com/2011/12/second-sunday-in-december.html

Charlestonjoan said...

Hi Gina - he is soooo talented isn't he? Wow.

Mason Brown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina Brown said...

I think so :) Thanks for allowing me to keep in touch with Charleston through your eyes, Joan!