18 December 2011

Shem Creek Boardwalk Park

Shem Creek Park, Mt. Pleasant, S.C.
I finally got around to checking out the new Shem Creek boardwalk park this morning and it was a bright and sunny day for it. Shem Creek with all the picturesque commercial shrimp boat activity is always such a neat spot it's great to get closer to it.

The boardwalk is fresh and new and takes you from Coleman Blvd. to the opening of the harbor. There was plenty of parking this morning but I expect it can fill up fast. It should be a lovely spot to watch the sunset. Here is the link to the Post & Courier details. Ideally I would plan to stop in at Vickery's for brunch but since I was wandering on my own I skipped that this trip. Next time, my sweet blackened salmon caesar salad, next time.

4 comments:

Kate said...

It looks to be a wonderful day indeed. All the photos help me envision the environment you obviously love. Don't know if it is wise to skip the meal you described, tho!!

brattcat said...

beautiful series of shots. love that bridge. and that dolphin!

Suzie said...

Ah, Joan, you got great photos! I love this little place. They did a great job, didn't they?

Pamela said...

I went for the first time on Sunday and saw an amazing sunset! It's a nice little walk!