18 September 2011

Weekend Fun

 
Marion Square, Charleston, S.C.

There was so much going on this weekend. Besides the Heart Walk, Scottish Festival  and the Bridge Ride, I walked back through all these fun activities going on at Marion Square. Children were playing music in the park and kids of all ages were playing games. This lady was a wiz with a hoola hoop!


Climbing the Francis Marion statue is a Charleston tradition. I am so proud of parents who can let their kids do something outside the normal safety net. The glee on that little gal's face when she climbed up was priceless!

I wonder if I have any clean clothes to wear for the week ahead. Sigh. Reality hits.

4 comments:

Lowandslow said...

Good thing OSHA ("Hi, I'm from the government and I'm here to help you") wasn't there. They would have hauled the kids off in chains and executed their parents on the spot. ;)

S

Anonymous said...

This is great! It's so much fun to climb to the top of the monument and watch all the people enjoying Marion Square. Be sure to come and visit our Quickfoxes.com booth at the Green Fair on Sunday, Sept. 25th. Play a fun and green carnival game to win a prize!

Holy City Sinner said...

I can't believe I've never climbed that statue! That has now been added to my list!

Charlestonjoan said...

Lowandslow - kids are so protected now, it's good to see them getting away with something. That little gal was dancing with glee.

Quickfoxes - There is something going on every weekend at Marion Square! Hope the quickfox biz is going well!

Holy City Sinner - and you call yourself a sinner! Get up there!