13 September 2011

Calling all train fans!


 Winnsboro, S.C.


It's been years since I rode a steam engine train but for some reason the cooler air made me think of it. I checked the web site to confirm that they still offered the fall train ride in Winnsboro and tracked down these pictures from a few years ago. I did it all in time for you to make your plans for a day trip. See the schedule and link below. What fun!

I used to ride the old British steam engines in India with bits of coal dust floating in the windows. We'd buy sweet hot tea in thin clay mugs at station stops and then gleefully throw them out the window to crumble when we were done. It was much more satisfying than drinking from Styrofoam cups.
 
 Winnsboro, S.C. Train Ride


October 15, 16, 22 and 23, 2011 - Steam Train Specials

Fare Information:
Adult Ticket (Ages 12 and up): $10.00
Child's Ticket (Ages 1 to 11): $7.00
First Class Ticket (All ages - includes light refreshment and snack in relaxed atmosphere comfort)$15.00





Fares subject to change without prior notice. There are no advanced ticket sales. The museum reserves the right to cancel, reschedule trains and operating days or to substitute equipment, or adjust the trip length as required or necessary.For more information, please call 803-635-4242 (9-5 Weekdays) or call 803-635-9893 (Recorded message only).


4 comments:

Marcheline said...

Oooooh, reminds me of the Hogwarts Express in Harry Potter! Would love to ride a steam train, gotta put that on my bucket list. Great pix!

Kate said...

There is still lots of romance surrounding train trips, esp. trains such as this!

Pixel Peeper said...

I used to ride a steam engine train to school for many years. The 30-minute ride from my home town to my school town was perfect for copying math homework from someone else!

Charlestonjoan said...

Pixel - that is too cool! How fun.

Marcheline - they do set a mood.

Kate - there really is!