04 June 2011

Stuck in the house


Charleston, S.C.

Poor little fella. He must have slipped in under the door and he can't get out. I spotted him yesterday morning as I was leaving for work and left the window open hoping he would find his way but I just discovered he is still here.

He is too fast for me! I tried throwing a towel on him - that used to work for the baby chimney swifts that fell from nests into the fireplace in the spring and the bats that used to get in the bedroom windows but so far this little darling is still on the loose.

What is better than subscribing to a CSA? Having volunteers with gardens who bring me bags of fresh veggies! Doesn't this look like heaven? Yum.

5 comments:

Lowandslow said...

Look at it this way: You now have your own personal live-in exteminator. Sort of an urban version of a cat in the barn. :)

Pardon my ignorance, but what's a CSA?

S

Charlestonjoan said...

Lowandslow - CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. People subscribe ahead to buy a regular order of weekly fresh veggies. Neat idea and helps out local farmers.

brattcat said...

i sigh thinking of a place where vegetables are already being harvested. our plants are just a couple of inches above ground. we won't see fresh tomatoes, peppers, or cucumbers for another month at the earliest.

Jess said...

I know it might be too late for this little guy, but I've had success using a cup method, with my hand, where my other hand basically makes crawling into the cup seem like a swell idea.

Charlestonjoan said...

I haven't seen him today so hopefully he found a way out. These old houses have enough leaky spots I hope he found one.