06 June 2011

The Longevity Game


East Bay St., Charleston, S.C.

This is such a pretty stretch of houses on East Bay St.

I answered the questions on the The Longevity Game site and it claims I could well live until I am 97. That sounds simply exhausting.
While no one can actually predict life expectancy, and the game can’t take existing medical conditions into account, the factors you’ll encounter do have a significant impact on longevity.

Some of the factors tracked in the game:

Weight/ body mass index (BMI)
Drinking
Smoking
How you handle stress
Driving record

Let me know that at least a few of you will be around to entertain me.

8 comments:

brattcat said...

It appears I'm going to make it to 95. So I'll be around for most of the time to keep you company.

Charlestonjoan said...

brattcatt! Thank you! Someone to hang out with in the retirement home. Whew. That makes all the difference.

Lowandslow said...

I'm only gonna make it to 84. That's 588 in dog years.

Maybe I'd better refine my bucket list a little more. :)

S

Charlestonjoan said...

84. Brattcat and I will still be frisky young things.

Seriously - the thought of being 97 makes me tired.

Susan Moorhead said...

love the blue of those shutters. I cannot imagine living that long but I am willing to try :)

Kate said...

97 for me! Can't imagine living that long unless my body stops aging right now! Photo makes the street look very inviting. I'd like to be strolling along there right now!

Started re-reading Gone With the Wind and wonder if I'll love it as much as I did when I was SOOOO much younger!

Charlestonjoan said...

Susan - I think it is the shutters and the plants that make this stretch so appealing.

Kate - Cool! You are with me then.

Online Blackjack said...

These are very beautiful picture of the home. Every one has dream house of this manner and I think all the decoration of the home is also looking very beautiful. And I will also make this type of home.