14 April 2011

Tiny people enter here


Thomas & Warren St., Charleston, S.C.

The size of this entry door appears to be an optical illusion. It seems shorter than it should be in comparison to the rest of the house. Perhaps it is the height of the large door frame, especially above the door that makes it appear shorter. Every time I walk by, I think to myself, "Hmmmm.....that looks like a door for tiny people."

I mentioned that on the off chance you ever see me deep in thought at the corner of Thomas & Warren and wonder what I have on my mind. I'm not very deep.

3 comments:

Lowandslow said...

Juuuuust a bit out of proportion.

S

Anonymous said...

The framing is outrageously out of proportion bt it catches your attention each time you pass...soooo you would never forget where you live...I wonder if tall people duck as they go inside???

Charlestonjoan said...

maggsworld - I bet it really is normal size. I think it has the illusion of shortness. Enough for me to get a kick out of it anyway!