17 April 2011

Sunday Night



This is the year I plan to take up canoeing again and this is where I intend to do it. Sweet spot, eh? It's been a long time so I hope it is like riding a bike - not that I was ever very good at that.

I've been far too productive this weekend - hosted a recognition luncheon, pulled a pile of weeds and painted my porch decks moving all of the furniture and plants by myself. Seems to me if you work all weekend you should take the week off. Yes? It's like a game of opposites. I hope you have all had a good weekend. They are much too short.

6 comments:

Catalyst said...

You have worked way too hard. Take your reward!

Lowandslow said...

Looks like a gator habitat. You be careful. Alligator boots in a size 10 might look quite nice, come to think of it.

Sure, take off today. I'll write you a note. :)

S

Charlestonjoan said...

Catalyst - Thank you! I should have. I really should have.

LowandSlow - It is a gator habitat no doubt. Luckily they don't usually attack canoes and I ain't going swimming. This is where the gentleman lost his arm a few years ago.

Pamela said...

You are WAY braver than I am, Joan! I saw the "after" pictures of that guy - it made news all the way up to Ohio when I was living there! Good luck and don't tip over!

Charlestonjoan said...

Pamela - I've never heard of a gator going after a canoe. That gentleman was snorkeling I believe. The photos were incredible. I knew some of the nurses who were having a picnic when he climbed out of the water missing his arm.

Pamela said...

Yes, he was snorkeling. I remember one of my co-workers (in Ohio) asking me if I knew where Short Stay was... I was shocked when I saw the photos!! I can't imagine! Years ago I was in one of the boats at Cypress Gardens and we got stuck on a log right next to a large gator on an embankment. I just knew we were going to be lunch. Then again, I went to the Everglades in January and the gators were right there on the walking path next to us. Just remember... run zig zag! :) Can't wait to hear about your canoeing adventures!