21 April 2011

Happy Thursday!


King St., Charleston, S.C.

Work has been like a race course this week so I am going to pretend this is Friday. I finished off a fund raising sale at 4 p.m. and dashed to the Terrace Theater to sit in Jane Eyre with my hot cuppa tea. It is the perfect way to let the work week melt away. It was bright and sunny when I walked in the theater but I soon realized that the thunder and pounding rain wasn't all part of the gloomy movie sounds effects. I left the theater to find a dramatic rainbow and learn that I'd missed a wild hail storm.

It's the weekend, kids! I have some exciting visitors coming tomorrow afternoon and plan to enjoy a long weekend.

3 comments:

Lowandslow said...

Hail, huh? Coulda been a lot worse.

Have a wonderful weekend, Joan.

S

Marcheline said...

I am so frustrated that the local theaters in my area are not playing Jane Eyre!!! A bunch of stupid teen films, sure... but not JANE???? Blech. So.... how was it?

Charlestonjoan said...

Marcheline - It was good! After all the times I've read the book and seen movies and I swear I sat in the theater and couldn't remember the ending.