05 February 2011

Wet Saturdays


Magnolia Plantation, Charleston, S.C.

It's been a wet and drippy day in the Lowcountry and I left the house for the first time this evening to walk down to Grill 225 with my friend Debby who noticed they were dragging on their special restaurant week deals for an extra week. My belief is that if you walk to and from a dinner then you don't have to worry about the calories. Right? I'd never eaten there before and it was delicious. Long live Restaurant Week!

My big news is that I bought a new computer and a new router and I am so happy I can't stand it. I keep clicking just to enjoy the speed. I've been replacing bits and pieces for so long it is wonderful to have everything zipping along as advertised. My, my, my. I may be up all night surfing the web just because I can. I need to get some photo editing software lined up and I will be as pleased as can be. It was long overdue. Isn't it grand when things do what they are supposed to?

7 comments:

Lowandslow said...

Walking seems like a fair trade for a nice meal. And you'll need the nourishment, considering all the surfing you'll be doing, right? Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

S

Pixel Peeper said...

Congratulations on the new computer! I remember how we felt when we switch from dial-up to DSL, probably a lot like you do now.

I use Photoshop Elements for my photo editing software, but I've heard a lot of good things about GIMP, which is free. http://www.gimp.org/ Wikipedia has a nice write-up about it, if you are interested to learn a little more about it.

Pat said...

Oooh, a new computer - I am so jealous! Enjoy it, Joan!

brattcat said...

That proud peacock appears to be crowing with pleasure right along with you. Congratulations on the new gear. Enjoy!

Charlestonjoan said...

Pixel - I think I will try GIMP. I have it on my laptop although I haven't used it much there.

Pat - long over due which makes it all the sweeter.

brattcat, lowandslow - thank you!

Catalyst said...

I recently called my ISP to complain about my slow speeds. He asked me where my modem was. I said it's right behind the monitor. Oops, sez he, it shouldn't be near anything electronic. I moved it. Speed increased exponentially. Such a pleasure to learn something so simple.

Charlestonjoan said...

Catalyst - I get a headache just thinking of trying to get a hold of comcast. I try everything I can before I contact them. I don't mind doing online chat with them but of course I can't do that if I am not online.