14 January 2011

Wedding Advice Needed


White Point Gardens, Charleston, S.C.

Wedding advice needed. No! Not for me. Yikes! This isn't the National Enquirer. :)

Y'all have helped readers plan honeymoons before and this time we have a request to help a couple in Wisconsin plan their wedding. I received this email yesterday:

Dear Joan Perry,

I hope you don't think it too odd that a complete stranger is emailing you, but I happened upon your blog while I was looking for pictures of the White Point Garden Gazebo. My fiancee and I plan to marry in that beautiful, historic gazebo this year. It will be a small wedding (with the limitations of Gazebo attendance) followed by a possible carriage ride and dinner for all in attendance (25).

Being from Wisconsin and only able to peruse Charleston via the internet, I was wondering if you could recommend a nice restaurant in/around Charleston for our wedding dinner. I trust the opinion of a local far more than any internet review/star rated system! Any suggestion you could provide would be greatly appreciated as I am finding it is very difficult to plan a 'destination' wedding from a distance!

Thank you kindly for your time and consideration.

If you don't mind, I would also like some suggestions regarding a local, affordable photographer.

Sincerely,
Katie & David

What do you think? They need suggestions on a place for dinner for 25 after a downtown wedding. Since we don't know their budget lets suggest the splurge and a more moderate suggestion. How about wedding photographers? Any suggestions?

I will pull out any of your comments from here or on facebook and start a list for Katie.

Here is what we have so far. I will keep adding as the suggestions come in:

Photographers:
Leigh Webber
Joanne Drolet
Tim Will Photography
Merideth Finney Garrigan with A Spot in Time photography

Dinner Locations
Poogan's Porch Close to the park.
California Dreaming (off the peninsula but waterfront)
Blossom Close to the park for your carriage ride. Their dining room lists for 22.
Confederate HomeGreat location and close to the park for carriage ride but I think you would need a caterer. We can suggest them too!


Cake
Lisa Sargent with Let There be Cake

Hair & Make-up
Tanesha Dupree with Affair Hair by Tanesha
Kelly Campbell with Charleston On-site Makeup
Stella Nova