08 December 2010

Wednesday Evening Walk-about


Rutledge Ave., Charleston, S.C.

I've been here, I've been there, I've been everywhere. I had an afternoon meeting at Roper Hospital and it hardly seemed worth driving all the way back out to my office so I grabbed an armful of work to do at home. I haven't touched it yet.

I took a long walk while it was still light. The lady at Beads on Cannon graciously repaired my favorite glass bead necklace and refused to let me pay her anything. The gentlemen at Tabbuli Grill served me my favorite chicken kabob dinner with a glass of wine and the Charleston City Paper. The Tabulli Grill is my new favorite place to grab a quick bite now that Does Pita closed their downtown location.

I am going to New York City on Saturday and bouncing off the ceiling with excitement. Chef Nico Romo from FISH restaurant is hosting a dinner at the James Beard House on Tuesday evening and I get to go! Wowza! I can't believe how lucky I am. What a treat this is going to be.

New York City at Christmas. La..la...la! Suddenly I feel like a village girl with nothing stylish enough to wear in New York. Black, black, black, I know. I bought a hat and since my free range toes are barely getting used to not being in sandals I did my walk this evening in boots just to make sure I could. Boots!? I don't wear boots in Charleston. How easy it is to forget that I am Canadian! I don't know nuthin' 'bout no winter.

The photo is the Belvedere Bed & Breakfast on Rutledge Ave. by Colonial Lake dressed in holiday finery. Stay warm kids!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

No one is more jealous of your impending NY trip than me...how wonderful! To be a southern gal I DO LOVE NYC. Can't wait to see the pics.
Pam D.

Charlestonjoan said...

Pam - Thanks for helping today! I passed on the suggestions.

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Have a great time in NYC. Make sure you take gloves : )

Charlestonjoan said...

bfarr - gloves! I need to find them. Last time I needed them I was hiking in Peru.

Pat said...

How fun! I am so jealous. Take a warm scarf, too - gotta keep that neck warm.

Waldo Lydecker's Journal said...

A James Beard dinner? I am jealous beyond words.

Have fun.

Jack said...

Nice photo. I hope you enjoy your trip to New York. Dress warmly!!!

Charlestonjoan said...

Pat: I do have a scarf. Bright purple ;)

Waldo: Shall I plan for a Waldo-bag? Leftovers!

Jack: Thank you! I will.

Commander Zaius said...

You're going to New York On Saturday? LOL! I'll be down in Charleston Saturday afternoon to Christmas shop with the family.

Les said...

Have fun in NYC, it's my favorite playground.

john prince said...

Beautiful shot, Joan.

Charlestonjoan said...

Beach Bum - we couldn't plan these things worse could we? I always leave when you come. Some day....

Les - I will!

John - Thank you.