12 November 2010

Mac-Off




MacPerry here, reporting on the first annual "Mac Off" the Macaroni & Cheese Bake-Off at the Visitors Shed. I came home weighing considerably more than I did when I left the house. Groan.

What an incredible success. I went with the expert, Notoriously Nice Mike whose son owns the Cheese-ology Restaurant in St. Louis. We didn't try every single one but each had a clear favorite. Melanie (above) served up Mike's favorite truffled Macaroni & Cheese from JPaulz while I voted for Crave's version. Scrumptious!

Help me. I am so full.

Event Website.


5 comments:

Catalyst said...

Is that really "tuffled" or, perhaps, "truffled"?

Charlestonjoan said...

Catalyst - I am up to my brain in macaroni and cheese. I am all tuffled up. ;)

I will correct it. Thanks!

Pamela said...

We just got home... I saw you take the photo where you voted but it was so chaotic in that place I couldn't get to you! I'm thinking that we should have arrived earlier than 7:45 because we could barely move, it was so crowded! After a few tastes we couldn't take it anymore so we left and went to the Waffle House! I'm thinking I'm gonna make my own mac-n-cheese - it's much less stressful! By the way you are right - Crave's was the best!

Commander Zaius said...

My daughter would be in heaven, she worships Mac and Cheese.

Charlestonjoan said...

Pamela - We went right at 7 pm so had a much better time. I bought 10 tickets but it wasn't clear that I would need to use 5 of them for a drink. I had plenty to eat though - the portions filled me up fast.

It was such a popular event they will need to plan for next year. Wow. Everything in Charleston is outgrowing our event spaces lately.

I loved Crave's, JPaulz and the King St. Grill Macaroni & Cheese roll with dipping sauce was oddly delicious! I see that Crave won People's Choice but haven't seen who the judge's winners were. The coordinators must be very pleased - and tired.