29 November 2010

Holiday Activities


Horse Barn, Charleston, S.C.

There is so much going on in Charleston it's almost hard deciding what to do. Here is the event calendar from Charleston Scene for the holidays so you can plot your festive activities.

So far I bought tickets for the Gospel Christmas Concert at St. Matthew's Lutheran Church for Saturday. Listening to someone belt out a spiritual never fails to put me in the holiday mood.

Any other recommendations? What is your favorite holiday activity?

5 comments:

MrScribbler said...

Didn't anyone ever tell you not to put the cart before the rooster?

Charlestonjoan said...

Scrib - It looks downright pastoral, doesn't it? I took it last year around this time. It's been too dark by the time I get out for my walk lately.

Anonymous said...

My favorite holiday thing? The festival of lights at Brookgreen Gardens!

Anonymous said...

I would like to be outside with my wonder wife, walking in the snow, looking at Christmas lights in our neighborhood, knowing I have a warm home and some hot chocolate waiting for me when I get back. A Norman Rockwell scene for sure, but not very likely to happen in Texas. Maybe this year will be different.

Marcheline said...

For me it's all the old holiday TV specials and movies, working from "A Charlie Brown Christmas" through "The Year Without a Santa Claus", "Frosty the Snowman", "Rudolph", "White Christmas", "Holiday Inn", "Miracle on 34th Street", "Christmas in Connecticut", "Prancer", "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas".... and we save for last the best two: "A Christmas Carol" (Alistair Sim version) and "It's a Wonderful Life".

That, and the Christmas songs by Bing Crosby, Johnny Mathis, and Frank Sinatra.