04 November 2010

Heart Walk Wrap Up


Heart Walk Captain's Thank You Party, Fiery Ron's, Charleston, S.C.

I hosted a little thank you shin dig at Fiery Ron's Home Team BBQ last night as a heart walk wrap up. I am the company leader for Roper St. Francis Healthcare and I have the most incredible team this year.

We were more whackily creative than ever this year with projects from cupcake decorating contests, book sales, men in red dresses, wine tastings and zumba classes. We raised over $56,500 (our goal was $40,000), had at least 700 participants and I am proud as punch.

I hosted the event, did the certificates and awards but someone turned the camera on me at the end. Thanks kids! You are great, great, great! I've seen such advances in the care and understanding of heart disease in my lifetime it is a cause I am honored to be part of and I hope you can picture me blowing kisses to any of you, my readers who contributed to the cause.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You deserve some kudos for your strong and inspiring leadership on this. Vale!!

John Prince said...

You two look like a couple!

John Prince said...

Got any foggy scenery pics, Joan? Yall should be getting fog soon.

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks maggsworld!

John - ahem....he is my CEO. ;)

I do have some foggy pics....coming up. We had a lovely fog this morning. Got me all excited driving to work.