02 October 2010

St. Louis field trip day two


Fireman's Statue, St. Louis, MO

Clearly I am still in St. Louis. I am earning my keep at the conference taking pictures but was able to slip out briefly mid day and walked through the Taste of St. Louis. Wow! What an event! I was impressed. I couldn't stay long but it was nice to get out and get a feel for the city.

This evening I joined the group activity getting into the Arch after hours. I took the first ride up the arch and looked out over the city at dusk.

Back in my hotel room now for one last night and back to the lowcountry tomorrow evening.

Apparently I am to ask you all to go to this site and vote: AHA Moments.

2 comments:

MrScribbler said...

After seeing your photos of the firefighter statue, all I could think of was the classic Spike Jones recording, "Fireman, Save My Child!"

Hideously inappropriate, but there you are....

Anonymous said...

Great shots! I especially like your angle on these. Very moving. - Rachel