12 October 2010

Before and After - Jamie Westendorff


Jamie Westendorff, After!

I get a lot of hits looking for Jamie so this photo is my gift to those of you who want to make sure he is okay. Jamie was seriously burned in an accident with his cooker earlier this year. He was burned so badly on his hands and face that they flew him to the burn unit in Augusta, Georgia and had to use pig skin to repair his face. Here is the Post & Courier article about his accident.

I was at a meeting for volunteer manager's at James Island County Park last month and was delighted to find Jamie back on the job making our lunch. He insisted on posing with the same cooker that burned him and took me to his truck to show me the gruesome photo album documenting his accident and recovery. I got kinda emotional seeing that the very first picture in the album, the "before" picture was one I had taken as well.

What a miracle!


4 comments:

Commander Zaius said...

Glad he is doing great, saw someone badly burned one time and it was very scary.

Marcheline said...

Holy cow (or should I say pig) - he's one fortunate dude! The after picture is even better than the before. Not many people are that lucky.

Charlestonjoan said...

Beach Bum - his pictures were horrible. He is lucky to be alive.

Marcheline - I agree! He admits that not being able to drink during his hospital stay made a big difference :))

Jack said...

He is a lucky guy. And I agree with Marcheline . . . he looks better now, after his terrible burns, than before. The clippings indicate he is a great and generous guy, so I am glad to see one of the good ones get a break.