Men in Red 2010, Charleston, S.C.
I'd really like it if y'all would consider participating in the Start! Lowcountry Heart Walk on Saturday, 9/25. I can't think of any area where research dollars have worked so many miracles, can you? I love being on the winning team. Join us. Donate a bit if you can, raise some money and join the walk.
- Bill Edwards from Harborview Exxon is going to bring his sweet red '55 Chevy convertible to lead the walk again.
- Andre' Guillet is hosting a Wine Tasting under the Oaks at St. Francis Hospital on 9/23 to raise funds that has almost sold out. Call 402-1194 to see if there are any $15 tickets left.
- Women are paying the brave gentlemen at Roper St. Francis Healthcare to wear Red Dresses to raise money for the cause. The Red Dress is the National Symbol of Heart Disease awareness. I started a little prank asking men to wear the dresses years ago and it took on an odd life of it's own and brings in quite a bit of $ for the cause. You can donate to Richard's campaign here. More photos here.
- The Buccaneer Restaurant is donating 10% of their profits on National Talk Like a Pirate Day, 9/19 - please bring your family and friends and eat there that day anytime from 11 a.m. - 9 p.m. Me hearties! Prizes for best Pirate costumes at 6 p.m.
- I'm working on lining up Prisca to teach everyone some Zumba moves as a warm up at the walk.
Join up or donate online at: Start! Lowcountry Heartwalk. I suspect some day we'll all be grateful for the advances made in treating heart disease. I hope you can participate! Spread the word!