13 June 2010

A Fashionable Class Project


Welcome to the Dollhouse, Anson St., Charleston, S.C.

I commented earlier this year that the one festival in Charleston that I am not involved in at all is Charleston Fashion Week and wondered if it might be the fact that I cut my own hair, wear my favorite clothes until they are tattered shreds and love dansko and MBT shoes. Ya think?

Fast forward to Friday night and I found myself front row at the "Welcome to the Dollhouse" fund raising fashion show put on by students from the Art Institute of Charleston. The best part was the finale where the students were challenged to design dresses made entirely of paper products. Pictured below, my friend the talented Monique who designed the paper dress pictured on her model.

Fun! We weren't assigned projects like this when I was in school.