29 April 2010

Paint This!



Lanas Restaurant & Bar, Rutledge Ave., Charleston, S.C.

Artist Gina Brown recently visited Charleston when the Shelby Lee Gallery on Church St. started carrying her paintings. Looking for other scenes to paint after her brief lowcountry visit she happened upon....(tada) my blog.

Gina was kind enough to write asking if I would allow her to use my photos as inspiration and it tickled me to no end. Yes, indeed. That would be just fine with me. So often I take a picture and think what a great painting it could be. I can't wait to see what she comes up with. Check out her blog at Gina Brown Art.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning Joan....so this is the lady you mentioned when we ran into each other at Magnolia. Her work is beautiful. Remember, 'imitation is the sincerest form of flattery'. I can't say as I blame her - if I could paint I would want to paint your photos too. Take care and hope to see you soon. Kathy

Laura said...

That's awesome!
Yes, many of your photo's are "painting worthy" for sure!
The one that you showed is just lovely!

((Hugs))
laura

Gina Brown said...

Thanks so much, Joan... you are so sweet to allow me to use your wonderful photographs! Blessings to you :)