15 April 2010

21st Century Photographer's Meetup


North Towne Restaurant, North Charleston, S.C.

Last night I was invited to attend the 21st Century Photographers Meetup group. I've been aware of the success fellow blogger Chuck has had with organizing this group of camera buffs but had never actually attended a meeting. Between 30 - 40 members join to share photo tips and plan photo outings. When they discovered I was going to attend, they asked me to talk about some of my quirky adventures as a photoblogger.

The meetup location is at North Town in North Charleston. (Ssshhh...I really went for the moussaka).

Chuck writes: 30-40 of our members meet on the 2nd Wednesday at 7:00pm at a really fine centrally located spot in North Charleston. I'm pleased to have launched this as the organizer and invite you to join us.

It was lovely to meet the faces behind the pictures I have been admiring and the entries I've been enjoying on Facebook and Chuck replaced the ever-so-handy fake PRESS pass that I had worn out. Thanks for inviting me folks, I loved the cemetery photo theme!

5 comments:

Janet said...

Nice meetup! I'm impressed, and I sure could use on of those fake press passes! :)

Laura said...

That sounds like fun!
Love the picture of you. You are really rocking that red! Love it!

((Hugs))
Laura

sparklesc said...

Thank You for coming to our meet-up Joan. Your presentation was great. Enjoyed hearing about how you got started blogging and about some of your past. What an interesting life you have lead....Thanks for letting us follow you.
Leah

Dum Spiro Spero said...

It was great seeing you again! It's kind of weird how worlds collide! (That moussaka DID look really good, by the way!)

Anonymous said...

It was so good to finally meet you. Your presentation was awesome and I hope you join our group and show up every now and then. kathy