18 February 2010

Video camera envy


Queen St., Charleston, S.C.

Queen St. is one of the prettiest streets in Charleston in my opinion. There is always some sweet new/old feature to notice and I never tire of walking it.
________

Last year when I went to Kenya I bought a video camera. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity and seemed the right thing to splurge on. It was compact and handy and even though I wasn't used to using it I took some very effective film that was included in a documentary video of the trip.

When I came back I was having work done in my home with people I didn't know coming and going while I was at work. I scrambled around tucking away the small tempting easy to take items like my ipod, camera lens and the video camera. I am ashamed to say that I haven't laid eyes on the video camera since then. Aaaaargh. I am an idiot. I've hidden a brand new camera from myself for over six months. I can't buy a new one because I don't deserve it.

Someday when all it's features are completely out of date, I'll find it tucked behind a book or in a scarf drawer but I'll be damned if I have any idea where it is. Did I mention "Aaaaaaargh!" I wanna, I wanna, I wanna video camera.