25 February 2010

Dock St. Theater


Dock St. Theater, Charleston, S.C.

People are still googling for images of the historic Dock St. theater so I went through my files to see what other pictures I had and found this one with the crepe myrtle trees in bloom taken before the renovation. The repairs are almost finished and it will be open for this year's Spoleto Festival.

For a minimum of $250 you can even go to the opening reception.

I've had such a nice evening. I invited my upstairs and downstairs tenants (how did you think I paid my property taxes?) and my son to dinner, set the table and actually cooked dinner. I do this so infrequently now that I feel like I am playing grown up. We each do such completely different things it was fascinating to listen to them talk about their jobs and interests. Now, if they just stay put forever I'll be all set. I bribed them with gumbo and sent them home with leftover pear tart.

3 comments:

Catalyst said...

That's a beautiful photo!

Lowell said...

Such a wonderful place. Hopefully, it will be around for a long time.

Nice to have good tenants...perhaps if you keep cooking dinner for them you'll keep 'em forever?

Charlestonjoan said...

Absolutely my plan is to keep them forever. Good tenants are a precious thing. I don't mind baking. :)