19 January 2010

Wash this Way


College Laundromat, Calhoun & Smith St., Charleston, S.C.

This may not be the historically significant building in Charleston but I bet it holds a place in the memories of many a College of Charleston student. It's name is simply "College Laundromat". I used to think I'd like to own it and be the grand matriarch of laundry.

I am home a bit early and walked back from a meeting at Roper Hospital after doing a telephone interview with a Nursing Magazine about my SCRUBS student mentoring program. Coolness. They plan to write a story on it which tickles me to no end.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

This brings back many memories for me! In high school (in the eighties) I had some CofC friends that lived in the apartment behind the laundromat. I enjoyed MANY a party there! I think of those days every time I pass it.

Linda said...

Have you thought seriously what life would be like as the grand matriarch of a student laundry? No thanks.

Charlestonjoan said...

Pamela - I knew it would click with someone!

Linda - You can't see it for me? Heheh.