28 January 2010

Up the coast in Myrtle beach


Myrtle Beach, S.C.

I'm up the coast in Myrtle Beach at a South Carolina Volunteer Administrator's workshop hanging out with the big kids in Volunteer management. Our featured speaker was Sue Ellis from Energize.com. I grabbed the chance at the end of her lively presentation to grab a picture of some of the Charleston gang. Pictured left to right: Shirley Coggin - SC aquarium, Sonya Donnelly - 211 Hotline, Sue Ellis - Energize.com, Lynne Collier - Roper hospital, Kendra Wilson - Callen Lacey Center for Children and me, who needs to get some sleep.

It's weird being at Myrtle Beach in the winter. It is like wandering through a ghost town.



5 comments:

Caroline in the City said...

Love that bottom picture. Hope you had some tasty seafood at River City Cafe!

Catalyst said...

It's my favorite time to go to the beach. Cuts down on the riff raff! ;^>

de said...

Sonia is a good friend of mine! I was surprised to see her on your blog! Very cool! Have fun girls!

Charlestonjoan said...

Caroline - I should have asked you where to eat. We went to Margaritaville. Lordy.

Catalyst - Yes, it was nice! A bit cool but some of our warmer weekends would be great.

de - Sonia is great! I sat with her at lunch today.

Suzie said...

I love your geometric picture! I could never have gotten the focus that level! That is a great shot!