20 December 2009

Weekend Color


Palmetto Carriage Tours, Charleston, S.C.

I used to say that Key West was like a small scale Charleston with chickens in the streets. I can't say that anymore since we appear to have chickens running around as well. This is the Palmetto Carriage Tours red barn. If you've been to Charleston you have probably taken a carriage tour from them. The Carriage drivers were having a serious Biblical discussion and I felt like I had physically stumbled into a holiday postcard.

I have had such a lovely day. I walked for miles this morning to make up for all the time I've spent in my corner of the couch while it rained outside. Everything looked so festive I took my time and enjoyed it. This evening I joined up with my blog buddy from Tales from the Laboratory and we went to the Symphony Holiday Pops Concert and ended up at Basils with five minutes to order before the kitchen closed. We managed without any trouble! Yum. Yum. Pad Thai.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You take beautiful pictures of Charleston. I check your blog daily to see the scenery that we look forward to when we move to SC. Thank you so much for your posts.

Love and Peace,
Tina

Pam said...

Hi Joan - I enjoyed it too! Although I was explaining to someone this morning the 'Twelve Days of Christmas' piece, and I realized that it was unexplainable - thank God it became funny! I hope this conductor returns - he was alot of fun (and is it a prerequisite for conductor's to have floppy hair that they are always pushing out of their eyes? It must be!).

Have a good holiday.

Charlestonjoan said...

Tina - Thank you! I never fail to find something great to take a picture of here. I am so spoiled with gorgeous photo ops. You will love living in Charleston.

Pam - I had such a fun evening! The conductor was adorable . It was the perfect festive holiday event.