24 November 2009

Bad, Bad Antiques


Hwy 17 South, S.C.

Bad, bad Antiques. Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

This is another one of those buildings I've passed a hundred times and finally got around to pulling over and getting a picture.

Soooo........I am back online after being in exile for a week. A week! All the old hobbies and crafts I used to do (baking, quilting and painting, oh my!) flashed through my brain. I've read three books, cleaned the frig, tossed bags of old papers and walked for miles.

Each day I did some trouble shooting and then did live chat with Comcast from work. Each day they told me some other silly thing to try and promised it would be working when I got home. I bypassed the router. I exchanged the modem.

Naturally, as it is each time in my experience, the problem was caused by Comcast and there was nothing I could have done about it. In routine maintenance they went down my street, put a filter on and waited for people to bitch about having a problem with their service. Unfortunately when I did bitch they kept suggesting it was my fault. Grrrrrr. Makes me insane to think about it but I am very happy to be back online and looking forward to catching up everyone.

4 comments:

Suzie said...

We had similar experiences with Comcast! Just glad to have you back! It is amazing isn't how crazy we get without our internet? I should try giving it up one night a week and see what happens!!

Pixel Peeper said...

Joan - I feel your pain! I always liken not having internet access to not having a working toilet in the house...

Glad you're back!

Charlestonjoan said...

townsendtales - Sad isn't it? I go to the internet for every question, recipe, map.....

Pixel - Good one! It's close to as bad. :)

Anonymous said...

I live in the mountains of Colorado and have always had intermittent cable service. Once Comcast bought the system, their only 'protocol' is to send someone out to check MY system. "But the service has gone out every time it rains, or snows or the wind blows for the last ten years. I am calling so that your records will reflect the level of service I receive so that when I ask you to prorate my bill you can see that it is deserved." "So when we schedule an appointment to look at your equipment?"
And so on.
I grew up in SC and spent time in Charleston for Spoleto every year in the Eighties.
Loving the Pics.