13 September 2009

Church Photo in Lieu of Attendance


Cathedral St. Luke & St. Paul, 126 Coming St., Charleston, S.C.

Our Church Photo in Lieu of Attendance today is the beautiful cathedral of St. Luke & St. Paul. Find some of it's history here.

I found this evening's nonsense joke on Miss Cellania:

Squirrels had overrun three churches in town.

After much prayer, the elders of the first church determined that the animals were predestined to be there. Who were they to interfere with God's will? they reasoned.

Soon, the squirrels multiplied.

The elders of the second church, deciding that they could not harm any of God's creatures, they humanely trapped the squirrels and set them free outside of town.

Three days later, the squirrels were back.

It was only the third church that succeeded in keeping the pests away. The elders baptized the squirrels and registered them as members of the church. Now they only see them on Christmas and Easter.

4 comments:

Catalyst said...

Oh, I love that joke. And I have sent it to several friends! Thank you. And Miss Cellania.

Halcyon said...

I like the angle on the church. And great joke!

Susan Moorhead said...

Good joke. Can't miss with squirrels and church humor :)
Posting a request on my blog for everyone to run out and buy a copy of a book...Normal People Don't Live Like This... is the title and a friend wrote it and it's terrific (as is the friend).

Charlestonjoan said...

Catalyst - I love it when I find a good one. Somedays I feel like I have used them all up.

Halcyon - Thank you.

Susan - Good for her! Best of luck to her.