03 August 2009

Sidewalk Curator's Report


Don't look down on me, Charleston, S.C.

I find the oddest things in the pavement.

Bonus joke:

Washington Biological Survey

Those labels on metal bands used by the U.S. Department of the Interior to tag migratory birds have been changed. The bands used to bear the address of the Washington Biological Survey, abbreviated "Wash. Biol. Surv."

That was before the agency received the following letter from an Arkansas camper:

"While camping last week I shot one of your birds. I think it was a crow. I followed the cooking instructions on the leg tag and I want to tell you it was horrible."

The bands are now marked "Fish and Wildlife Service."

3 comments:

Pixel Peeper said...

Hahahaha - good one! It's almost like the author of this one had you in mind when he or she wrote it!

Lowell said...

Very funny! Both the photo and the joke!

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

LOL. Does your back ache looking down all the time?

BTW, I love your sidewalk graffiti. Amazes me that you find so many.